Living with bad credit is like being lost in a jungle. You know that you are in financial danger, but it is hard to see your way out. The Bad Credit Survival Guide gives a step by step guide to escaping the bad credit jungle and our credit repair reviews can help you find the right company to help you. First it explains how your credit score is calculated so you know how you got lost in the first place. Then it takes you on the journey
- Stop the Collection Calls.?You can be safe from the non-stop collection calls and letters if you follow the instructions in the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. If you write the creditors a letter requesting that they stop calling and sending letters, they are required to stop those activities
- Remove Inaccuracies.?Get your credit report and make sure that nothing on the report is false or an error. You can have inaccuracies removed by disputing with the credit agencies
- Spread Out the Debt.?It is better to have more cards with a low balance than it is to have one card that is maxed out. Try to transfer higher balances to accounts with lower amounts and work to get your balances under 50% of the max.
- Keep Oldest Accounts Open.?A large part of your credit score is the length of your credit history. Bring negative accounts current and keep them.
- Never Be Late.?Start building positive history immediately. The largest share of your credit score is payment history. Missing payments will cause you to need to start the whole process over again.
Guides are necessary to get through any strange jungle and this guide is a good route to get you out of the bad credit jungle. The last step is the most important step. All other things being equal, missed payments will bring your score down faster than anything else.